Friday 30 March 2012

What are you trying to tell me

Today I went to the hospital by myself. When I got to the hospital, Erica was sleeping but seemed to be doing well. They were able to get her o2 down to .7 L/min
Dr. Essalah came in and asked how I was doing. I replied with "She seems to be doing good, so I think I am going pretty good." He walked out, ( I looked at the nurse confused), he grabbed a chair and sat down next to me and said " I spoke with Dr. Kakadakar and I am sorry but it's not good news. The stenosis is back even more then 2 weeks ago and he's certain it's in her lungs." He told me that it's now in all four of her veins (the forth vein is only slightly stenosis'ed) and that he's so very sorry and he doesn't want to say this but "there's nothing more we can do for her, I very sorry"
I understood but needed to ask those dreadful words. So I ask the one question no mother or parent ever wants to ask or hear the answer to....
So what are you tell me?... Is she dying?... Is she going to die?
He replied "I am so sorry, but yes she is!"
Everything was spinning so fast I didn't know what to do, all I knew was that I needed Dave and he needed to know, he needed to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment